During the Congress, there will be ample opportunity to make new friends, as well as catch up with old acquaintances! We are planning a number of social events during the course of the four days, many of which are free to our delegates. These include:
- The *Research Professional Welcome Reception on the Monday evening, generously sponsored by our media partners, *Research Professional, specifically for those who have never been to an INORMS Congress before. Come along and meet some new friends and get some hints and tips on how to use the Congress to best advantage!
- *Research Professional Question Time, on the Monday evening: sponsored by our media partners *Research Professional, experience a live Question Time event featuring a panel of distinguished speakers discussing the key research issues of the day. Followed by a buffet supper.
- The Quizdelivered by Emerald/Research Media, on the Tuesday evening: Join quiz master John Eggleton from Emerald Publishing’s creative agency business, Research Media, as he leads you through an evening of knowledge-testing fun. Offering the perfect opportunity to network with colleagues, this informal evening will be sure to entertain.
- A range of informal activities on the Tuesday evening, including meals in local restaurants, a guided walk and various smaller group gatherings
- Informal networking and experience-sharing sessions on the Wednesday afternoon, including fire-side chats and career workshops
- for one afternoon only, the INORMS Choir! This is your big opportunity to join a choir, rehearse some numbers and then perform them that evening at the Gala Dinner. Led by our professional Musical Director, Gary Griffiths, you will spend the afternoon in rehearsals, ready for the Choir’s performance in the evening. Please note that this is an amateur, community choir and no experience is necessary, although if you are a singer, then we’d love you to get involved! Come along and join this fantastic musical event!
- Daybreak walks and runs as the City wakes up for those early-risers in need of some morning exercise!
INORMS Council and Working Group members should note that their meetings will take place on the Wednesday afternoon. Timings to be confirmed.
INORMS Congress Gala Dinner, Awards Ceremony and Highland Ceilidh
We very much hope that you’ll be able to join us for what will be one of the high points of INORMS 2018 – our INORMS Congress Gala Dinner, Awards Ceremony and Highland Ceilidh.
With catering from the award-winning Leiths, we are planning an outstanding evening of fine dining and celebration, topped off with some traditional Scottish Entertainment.
During your three-course meal, we will celebrate the inaugural INORMS Awards for Excellence in Research Management Leadership, established to recognise outstanding examples of research management leaders who have made substantial contributions to the research management profession internationally.
And after the awards, the celebration continues with our highland ceilidh. Featuring a live band, delegates will experience the infectious fun of a range of highland reels, strathspeys and jigs. No dancing experience and ability required!
Do join us for what will be a memorable evening of good food, celebration and great entertainment!
Price: £62.50 (ex VAT) per ticket