A new approach for due diligence of grantees is being developed. The purpose is to increase assurance and decrease the time and costs required to undertake due diligence of grantees. The system will consist of:-
- a new international standard for the financial governance of grants, called Good Financial Grant Practice (GFGP).
- a portal based assessment system which measures and reports grantee compliance to the requirements of the GFGP standard.
III. subject to grantee’s approval, their due diligence reports will be available to other grantors
- a global community of grantors and grantees sharing best practice ideas and documentation relating to GFGP.
The vision is the “GFGP system” will become the method of choice for the global grantor community as it will standardise, simplify and strengthen the governance of grant funding.
The workshop will:-
- present an overview of the system including benefits.
- participants will be asked to discuss and provide input into shaping the future developments with particular relevance to Research Management from a global perspective and would encourage participation from international delegates.
- discuss any specific due diligence requirements of international research collaborations and the role of grantors, grantees and collaborators.
|Room||Ochil 1, 2 & 3|
|Time||11:30 - 12:45|
|Date||Wednesday 6th June, 2018|
|Theme||Developing Research Proposals|
Genny Kiff - CFO for the Wellcome Trust Sanger institute